Wigwag \Wig"wag`\, v. t. & i. [imp. & p. p. Wigwagged; p. pr. & vb. n. Wigwagging.] To move to and fro, to wag. [Webster 1913 Suppl.]
Wigwag \Wig"wag`\, n. [See Wigwag, v. t. & i.] Act or art of wigwagging; a message wigwagged; -- chiefly attributive; as, the wigwag code. -- Wig"wag`er, n. [Webster 1913 Suppl.]
1 send a signal by waving a flag or a light according to a certain code
Moby ThesaurusLissajous figure, Roman candle, aid to navigation, alarm, alternate, alternation, amber light, back and fill, back-and-forth, balefire, battledore and shuttlecock, beacon, beacon fire, bell, bell buoy, blinker, blue peter, brandish, buoy, caution light, come and go, coming and going, ebb and flow, flap, flare, flaunt, float, flourish, flutter, flux and reflux, fly, fog bell, fog signal, fog whistle, foghorn, glance, go light, gong buoy, green light, heliograph, high sign, hitch and hike, international alphabet flag, international numeral pennant, kick, leer, marker beacon, nod, nudge, parachute flare, pass and repass, pilot flag, poke, police whistle, quarantine flag, radio beacon, reciprocate, reciprocation, red flag, red light, rhythmic play, ride and tie, rocket, sailing aid, seesaw, seesawing, semaphore, semaphore flag, semaphore telegraph, shake, shuttle, shuttlecock, sign, signal, signal beacon, signal bell, signal fire, signal flag, signal gong, signal gun, signal lamp, signal light, signal mast, signal post, signal rocket, signal shot, signal siren, signal tower, sine wave, spar buoy, stop light, swing, teeter, teeter-totter, teeter-tottering, teetering, the nod, the wink, to-and-fro, tottering, touch, traffic light, traffic signal, undulate, ups and downs, wag, watch fire, wave, wax and wane, white flag, wibble-wabble, wield, wigwag flag, wink, yellow flag, zigzag
- Any of a number of mechanical or electrical devices which cause a component to oscillate between two states.
Wigwag can denote the following:
- A wigwag is a type of railroad level crossing signal.
- A wig-wag is an automotive headlight flasher.
- A wigwag is a mechanism used in some washing machines.
- A wig wag is a warning mechanism on truck braking systems.
- Wig-wag (or wigwagging) is a method of flag signalling.
- A wig-wag is a warning light on a movie sound stage.
- Wigwag was an American magazine published from 1988 until 1991.
- A wigwag (glassblowing)